Monday, January 22, 2018

Sherlock Holmes (Unabridged) Part 4 The Hound of the Baskervilles

Sherlock Holmes (Unabridged) Part 4: The Hound of the Baskervilles read by Stephen Fry  128 pp.

I had never read this classic Holmes story although I have seen a number of different film/television versions including the classic Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce from 1939. The heirs of Baskerville hall are cursed by a generations old story of a supernatural hound of enormous proportions that kills each Lord of the Manor. The newest Baskerville heir, Sir Henry, arrives from America to claim his inheritance after the brutal death of Sir Charles Baskerville. Holmes and Watson have been asked by the local doctor to protect him and ensure he does not become yet another victim. Holmes believes there is nothing supernatural about the killings and sets out to prove it. The screen versions I have seen for the most part stick to the book. However, I just discovered there is a spoof version made by Peter Cook and Dudley Moore that I need to get my hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment