Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Saga, vol. 7

Saga [vol. 7] by Brian K. Vaughan, art by Fiona Staples, 152 pages

I feel like I say it every time I write a post on a series, but it's still true: It's impossible to say much about this volume without spoiling the entire story before it. And the reason I do this is because the series, particularly in the case of Saga, is SO GOOD that it simply needs to be read. While many series slump and falter somewhere after the first couple volumes, Saga continues to be absolutely fantastic, with plenty of complex-yet-easy-to-follow plot lines, a just-right touch of philosophical musings, and three-dimensional characters. And then there's Staples' BEAUTIFUL artwork. Her imagination is simply astounding, though definitely not for the faint of heart or easily offended. Volume 7 continues that excellent story, and packs a couple of emotional wallops that I won't touch on here; I'll just say that they're handled excellently.

No comments:

Post a Comment