Tuesday, December 20, 2011

No Holly for Miss Quinn by Miss Read, 148 pp.

If you are an Enya fan, you will have heard this title before. Evidently Enya is a fan of Miss Read! Understandably. Especially given this delicious Christmas treat. Miss Quinn has only just settled herself in her new apartment outside of Fairacre when her brother asks that she come to the aid of his Norfolk family at Christmas. His wife has been hospitalized, and he, a village vicar, needs help with his three small children at his busiest time of year. Of course she rises to the challenge and the reader can’t help but cheer her on. I may have to reread this one each Christmas. My only complaint is that the ending begs a sequel, and I can't tell if Miss Quinn reappears in subsequent Fairacre novels. I suppose I'll just have to read more Miss Read in the hope that I'll find her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment